Friday 20 April 2007

Home and Away

Here’s one for mum and a few folks back home.
We went to Summer Bay, well we went there but its actually Palm Beach, Summer Bay doesn’t exist, but they were filming and we got to see Sally and Alf Stewart outside the surf club, I haven’t watched it for years so have no idea of anyone else. But we got to see Sally get run over by Alf Stewart. I rang Emma in Melbourne to tell her and she rang me back..ARGHHHH the phone went ring ring ring when it was all silent after a scene!!
Beyond the Summer Bay filming area was Barrenjoey Lighthouse, and I was told we would be walking to it. Then I was shown exactly where it was... right at the top of a steep cliff (Bugger!!)
and off we went. Up a track that had nothing but huge boulders, but I was told we could come down the easy way, the smugglers walkway here's some views from the top, I was too knackered taking any going up haha. If you look at the trail between the beaches, just beyond that is the surf club on the left, We started off on the trail then moved to the beach on the right and headed to the base of the cliff.