Monday 23 April 2007

Sunday what a ripper of a day

Lets see, it started with me getting past the locked gates and heading for a morning walk, how healthy and good was that !!.... got to the newsagents and got a Mars Bar :) ohhh and a few postcards. Wandered the streets a little while, as I hadn't actually seen the local shops.
Macca and Libby were arranging a BBQ or should I now say Barbie, a real Aussie one, so off Libby and I went, and I decided that my contribution would be the meat, and got myself a chicken breast whilst the rest were going to eat red meat. Any way, they had invited some friends round, Leonie and Pete, and John. Libby and Macca prepared the feast and left me to just laze and shower and make myself look....gorgeous....haha well I tried even if I didnt succeed, the guests brought wine...and PRAWNS... fear gripped me as I hadn't ever eaten a prawn and I knew Libby wanted me to go home having tried them :(


It's raining ..men
The heavens opened as we were about to sit down, ahhh cant beat a bit of rain during a BBQ.....it was like being back home but there wasn't a burger or sausage in sight, they eat many courses, first it was cheeses and wafer biscuits, then a selection of olives(yuk I tried and spat it out ) salami and stuff with a funny name...but was basially peppers eggplant and stuff i forget...but tasted of wet newspaper, but I loved the cheeses and the peppers and eggplant, its bought from the local italian deli. Then came the.... pink things that filled me with fear .....the men had to promptly show me how to peel em, and men being men, they had to compete at who peeled the best !! Lib peeled one for me and left it on a plate for me to try, I left it there for sometime until no one was watching..then I went for it....YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...soon had that spat out. Brits abroad huh....

Me holding the .....PRAWN
Anyway on to the best bit, Chicken marinated macca style...absolutely fantastic !! and this was followed by a great desert Lib made. What a great lunch even if I did let England down. The wine flowed freely through my veins.....and I thought I'd get to have a snooze later... OH NO...we then went off to the Surf Club for drinks... I was already tipsy...... I have to say it was a ripper of a day indeedy